A BIT ABOUT US
Working Towards a Better Tomorrow
Here at ATER 2000, we see the value in everyone. We want to be a catalyst for positive change, and since our beginnings in 2001, we’ve been driven by the same ideas we initially founded our NGO upon: support, empowerment, and progress. Learn more about our mission, our vision, and how we go about making the changes we want to see.
“EUROPEAN HERITAGE FOR YOUTH INVOLVEMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP”
The project aimed at fostering exchange and dialogue between young people and youth workers from 7 different EU countries on the issues of safeguarding and promoting natural and cultural heritage and social inclusion, developing entrepreneurial competence in the field of ecological and sustainable tourism and transversal competences for personal and professional development and active participation in society.
Its specific objectives have been:
- to raise awareness of the importance of European cultural heritage through informal and non formal education activities, as a tool for social inclusion, youth participation and social entrepreneurship;
- to promote young people environmental education, especially ecotourism education for an active citizenship;
- to strengthen the sense of belonging and participation, promoting activities that protect and enhance the common heritage, involving young people and local stakeholders;
- to improve key competences of youth workers to enhance the quality of their activity and to foster inclusion and employability of young people with fewer opportunities (including NEETs) through quality youth work and transnational learning activities.
- ease transition of young people from youth to adulthood, supporting their integration into the labour market developing key competences and promoting creative learning, entrepreneurship, and social entrepreneurship.
“APPROACHES TO LANGUAGE ACQUISITION FOR ADULT STUDENTS
The main objective of the project is to contribute to the provision of the quality and effective teaching methods and tools for education providers: teachers and trainers.
The project has been implemented in a partnership of different countries: Poland, Sweden, Belgium, Finland, Spain, Turkey, Bulgaria and Romania.
In order to achieve the main objective, the project activities have focussed on:
fostering of the awareness of importance of speaking foreign languages in the globalizing society;
improvement of the access to the quality innovative and effective teaching and training tools and methods for teaching foreign languages to adult learners;
sharing and evaluation of various approaches to teaching English to adults;
providing a simple comparative analysis of the collected approaches focused on their benefits and feasibility;
promotion of the life-long learning, especially in relation to the importance of multilingualism.
“E.E.F.ECT – EUROPEAN EDUCATION FOSTERING ECOTOURISM”
The main activities have included preparation activities, research and learning activities for adult learners on the theme of ecotourism, local projects for the ecotourism promotion, transnational project meetings, monitoring, evaluation and dissemination activities.
The main project results have been: Study of ecotourism development, Manual of ecotourism promotion, “Green Aula” experimental learning workshop.
The project’s general objective has been to promote the youngsters and adults environmental education, especially ecotourism education as part of the education for an active citizenship.
Its specific objectives have been:
- to provide a nature-based, environmental eco-education experience for more than 100 youngsters and adults (students, tourism workers, tourism agencies clients) until August 2019;
- to promote a conservation and ecological ethic, in order to create stronger pro-environmental attitudes to more than 100 youngsters and adults (students, tourism workers, tourism agencies clients) until August 2019;
- to offer, through ecotourism practice experiences, a great opportunity for education as well as professional and personal growth for more than 100 youngsters and adults (students, tourism workers, tourism agencies clients) until August 2019;
- to create a space of reflection and internationalisation for ecotourism as an educational learning experience for more than 100 youngsters and adults (students, tourism workers, tourism agencies clients)in order to become more responsible professionals, tourists and citizens until August 2019.
The project has had impact at local, regional and European level, raising awareness on the natural and cultural-historical environment issues at global level and trying to improve knowledge and change attitude towards ecotourism of designated target groups (students, tourism workers, teachers, travel agencies clients, etc.).
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL LONG-TERM PROJECTS
"Training course for environmental trainers" - project carried out in partnership with Vaslui and Tulcea Inspectorates for Environmental Protection, Youth and Sports Ministry funding - project coordinator. (01.07.2002-31.08.2002);
"Developing recycling culture" - ecological project in partnership with Vaslui Town Hall, Vaslui School Inspectorate and Vaslui Environmental Protection Inspectorate, PHARE funding - project coordinator. (01.02.2002-01.04.2003);
"Greening the Barlad Riverbed" - project with ecological values in partnership with the Vaslui Environmental Protection Inspectorate and the Vaslui School Inspectorate, Government funding from the United Kingdom through Department for International Development, project coordinator. (01.04.2004-01.04.2005);
“Clean land, clean waters”, funding from Regional Environmental Center Moldova. (September-November 2006);
Afforestation of degraded lands affected by surface erosion phenomena, Vutcani commune, Vaslui county. (December 2009 – November 2014);
Afforestation of degraded lands affected by surface erosion phenomena, Dimitrie Cantemir commune, Vaslui county (December 2009 – November 2014).